Monday, February 5, 2018

My Heart Is Not In It

This may seem crazy to some of you, or at the very least hard to relate to, but I am having a lot of difficulty blogging following the passing of my dog.

Simply put, it's hard to get motivated and excited about the prospect without her presence. 

She did very little to directly influence my posts, what with being unable to speak, read, or write English and generally not well-versed in the rule mechanics of RPGs, but she was a constant inspiration for, well, just about everything in my life. 

It isn't Meowing Alien kids.

The screen seems less bright, the ideas less exciting, the prospect of sharing holds a lesser charge. As noted in the title, my heart just isn't in it. It is currently too heavy, weighed down with sadness, to be lifted by blogging. 

At least at this moment. 

There are some ideas struggling to break through this miasma of melancholy, and I wouldn't be surprised if just posting this is therapeutic enough to get me back on track. Delilah wouldn't want me to give in to sorrow, and before long I know I will adopt another rescue because no dog should be homeless, and no home should be dogless. 

Looking forward to looking forward to more Barking Alien.


AD
Barking Alien






4 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with you. It is perfectly ok and normal to mourn the passing of a great friend and companion.

    This will in many cases make people slow down or find less joy in their normal activities. It's normal.

    I send you my sincere regret and sympathy during this dark period. Come back and blog at us again when it feels right. Don't force it, we can wait.

    God bless you and your beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scott. Your words are comforting, and I appreciate them very much.

      Delete
  2. I think Scott has said it all and I totally agree with him. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here for you. The loss of a companion is a heavy one, and no one is thinking any the less of you for taking some time to heal.

    ReplyDelete