Wednesday, August 30, 2017

RPGaDay Challenge 2017 - Day 30

The end is near...




OK, I can answer this...but I'd first like to say that I really don't want to see 'genre-mashups'.  Not when there are so few genres with a decent headline game.

If there a definitive Wild West game out there? A 60s Spy game? How about a Fantasy Folklore game, huh?

Yeah. Don't go putting your chocolate in my peanut butter until you can make really good chocolate.

That said...I wouldn't mind seeing a Medieval Fantasy/Mecha game that doesn't fall into the typical American default of making the mechs Steampunk contraptions, or regular Science Fiction robots. I want that mix of magical item, and fantasy engineering you see in Japanese TRPGs like Wares Blade, or Anime like Knights & Magic.




While I am not a big fan of traditional Fantasy settings, adding a giant robot makes anything better.

AD
Barking Alien








2 comments:

  1. I would totally buy a game like that and play in the world of The Vision of Escaflowne.

    Is there an English translation of Wares Blade? My Japanese is not nearly as good as it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is not...well...

      So, some years ago there was a yahoo group I was part of that was working on a translation.

      Through them, and a lot of Google Fu, I have managed to get bits, and pieces of the game translated, filing in the missing pieces with Mekton II, or my own homebrew system (or both).

      I wouldn't be surprised if some internet digging stirred up some of those old resources, but you'd definitely have an incomplete puzzle as far as I know.

      Delete