Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Anniversary Party!

Cosmic Crackerjacks! Do you know what month this is?

It's August. Not just August, but... 



ADAM's 
40th GAMING ANNIVERSARY MONTH!

and

THE
RPGaDAY CHALLENGE
2017




We are as surprised as you are.



This is going to be one post heavy month ladies, and gentlemen, and whomever else comes round to say hello, and read these ramblings of mine.

August 25th, 2017 marks 40 years that I've been involved in the hobby of Role Playing Games. I've been mentioning throughout the year that this is super-special to me. I hope to commemorate this extra special specialness with a really fun, and exciting series of posts on...well...just about anything and everything I love that's gaming related. 

In addition, this year's RPGaDay Challenge looks really interesting, and somewhat tough in a good way.






For the past two years, the questions have been really odd. They were worded in such a way that what they were asking had no real impact on my gaming experiences, and interests, and were therefore hard to answer. 

This year, a good number of the questions make me go, "Hmmm, I don't know that I've ever thought about that. Answering this will require some thought." I LOVE things that require some thought! Woohoo!

Well I can't wait to get started. I hope you'll join Barkley, and I for an August to remember.

Party On!


AD
Barking Alien








6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing how you celebrate such a landmark :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your answers. Definitely some good questions this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely got my musing cap on for this one.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the anniversary. I had to sit down and do some math to figure out how long I had been gaming. It will have been 34 years as of this December 25th. I still remember that first game. My friend from across the street & I had this tradition where every Christmas day (before all the family stuff) we'd share the coolest toys we had gotten that year. That year, his "coolest toy" was what everyone knows now as the Moldvay Basic D&D box set and we played a game right there in my parents' living room with him GMing and his mentally handicapped sister, a guy from down the block and myself as players. From then on, I was hooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great story. I love hearing how it all began for folks who love this stuff as much as I do.

      Thanks for sharing Steve!

      Delete