Friday, October 7, 2016

Return of the Jedi

Just a quick update as I am pretty busy today, but I realize I haven't posted much this month. It's already the 7th of October, and this is only my second entry. Ugh.

As noted in my last post, I am gearing up for a new Star Wars campaign using the WEG D6 system with a gestalt group combining members of my old New York High School gang, my New Jersey gang, and one new edition who is a friend of a NJ player. Right now there are only four players, plus myself, but we'll see. Others may join later. 

I am astonished at how easy it's been to assemble this game. Even the creation of the campaign concept has gone smoothly. It's like magic. I suggested some ideas, people talked, one idea got mentioned both seriously, and jokingly a few times, and we all decided that if it caught our imaginations that fast then that's the winner.

Then characters - One fellow came up with a very basic idea, a Human Smuggler with a bigger, heavier freighter than the famous Millennium Falcon, and then he needed a co-pilot/partner - Who's that guy? What's his deal? Next thing you know we have an Ithorian Fixer, a social type of character who knows someone who can get you thing you want no matter where they go. 







The Vagabond
A Corellian Engineering Corp. YV-929 Armed Light Freighter

Design and Illustration by the incredible Jeff Carlisle
Colors by Me.
Background by NASA.



It's all falling into place so effortlessly. 

I can't wait to see what the remaining characters are like, and what they decide to do in the setting. I have a general idea of the campaign's theme, and some of the plots I'm scattering among the stars.

Super-excited! 

More to come, 

AD
Barking Alien





3 comments:

  1. You inspired me years ago to trek RPG.
    Have had friends from that for going on four-five years I think.
    Good to hear this with star wars aswell.
    Also have a few other groups I attend now that do War40k, Pathfinder etc :)
    Looking forward to much more Alien Adventures of your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment Togusa. Seriously. This just boosted my spirits for the month.

      I shall endeavor to be worthy of it.

      Delete