Monday, August 3, 2015

Better With Age

While many of my friends attended Gen Con last week (including most of my Barking Alien Gaming Group, and at least one member of Dan's Group), I had the utter pleasure of doing nothing on Saturday other than working on my apartment.

On Sunday, after teaching my Summer creative writing class, I met up with an old friend I haven't seen in person in nearly 20 years. We stayed in contact via Facebook, and since both he, and the tutoring center where I teach, are in Brooklyn, we arranged a meet up.

I am really glad we did.

Aside from a great lunch, and a nice stroll around Brooklyn's trendy Park Slope region, I got to talk with my friend about science, religion, social issues, and politics, as well as reminisce about great games of the past.

He clarified some memories of mine that were a bit unclearly recollected, and I did the same for him at least once, or twice.

He reminded me about a D&D campaign I ran (that alone took me by surprise), with a pretty cool party make up, and references to things that I know were later worked into my D&D-But-Not setting of Aerth.

I arrived home that evening quite happy, and inspired.

All in all, a lovely way to spend the day.

Thanks Joe,

AD
Barking Alien





No comments:

Post a Comment