Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Fall of Gaming

What a strange Fall it is so far. Strange and busy.

I was off yesterday, my first day off since the 13th of September, and I was able to run a game of Star Trek (Last Unicorn Games ICON System) for the group I game with roughly bi-weekly. It was my first regular RPG game since September 13th as well (not counting the games I run with the kids at the tutoring center).

Business has been slow during the work week, so I've been covering for a vacationing teacher at the tutoring center to make up for it (and of course to help with coverage). I love it, but it's still work, and twenty days without time off to run something is twenty days too long in my book.

Looking forward towards the immediate future, my gaming time still appears somewhat limited. Next weekend is New York Comic Con, so my regular group's game is called on account of adjacent fandom. I will most likely not go, but take the opportunity to work another Saturday. Got to get that money where you can brothers and sisters.

Where does that place my RPG schedule? Hmmm. A good question.

The plan for this month (right now), is to run the next session of my main groups Traveller campaign on the 18th. Other than that, I don't have any other game session planned for October.

This means I would get to run the third session of Bushido until November. Bummer. Still need to do the recap of our previous sessions as posts. On my list of things to do.

I don't know if I'll get to play with my bi-weekly group, since schedule conflicts (the 18th being one) have arisen.

I am still playing in a weekly online Superhero RPG campaign on Google Hangouts. It's going pretty well. I'll talk about it more another time perhaps.

So there we are, or at least, there I am.


It seems fall comes before a pride.


AD
Barking Alien








2 comments: