Tuesday, August 12, 2014

RPGaDay Challenge - Day 9

Day 9 - Favorite Die/Dice Set

I don't know that I have a favorite set, although I use to. I don't know what became of it.

I had this black dice with white numbers, where the black was speckled with tiny dots of red, blue, yellow and white. Mostly white. They looked like outer space, as outer space appears in Sci-Fi.

My favorite die though, that's simple. A D6.

Aside from being the easiest of all dice to come by, the simple, classic, seemingly mundane D6 powers most of my favorite games.

Classic Traveller, Champions, West End Games' Star Wars, and LUG's Star Trek all use D6 and only D6.

Another reason I like the six-sided die is that, defying all logic, I roll better with it than with any other die. I know, that doesn't make sense. I understand percentages and probabilities for the outcomes of rolls. Doesn't matter.

My D20 rolls are, more often than not, very poor.
My D6 rolls are, more often than not, pretty darn good.

Go figure.

AD
Barking Alien


No comments:

Post a Comment