Friday, October 25, 2013

Insufficient Data

 
After rereading what I wrote here on my RPG Person Profile I realize that this information is woefully insufficient.
 
Maybe I was tired, maybe I just wasn't into it, but the end result is basically that, as I stated at the bottom of the last post, the profile doesn't really say anything about who I am and how I game. Isn't that supposed to be the point of a profile?
 
The questions seem rather generic and so I feel like I answered them generically. In hopes of improving your understanding of me I thought I'd elaborate on a few of the entries.
 
I'm currently running (at a public place): Classic Traveller (with MegaTraveller and T5elements) and Pendragon (4th Edition). Occasionally Champions (4th Edition).

I would especially like to play/run: Star Trek (FASA or Last Unicorn Games Versions).

But really, I want to run it, not play it.

I would also really like to run an InSpectres/Ghostbusters game again. That was sweet.

I'd love to see someone run a game of Supers that is classic Silver Age. That I would play.

 ...but would also try: I'll try just about anything.

This is true but if it's D&D, Pathfinder or something similar, gah, I really would rather not. Maybe Next just to say I did.

2 or 3 well-known RPG products other people made that I like: Well known? Hmmm. Star Trek (FASA or Last Unicorn Games), Champions (4th Edition) and Star Wars (West End Games)

Now here are some games I love, that rock, that are not so well known:

Golden Sky Stories, InSpectres, Faery's Tale Deluxe and Monsterhearts. Want to try Monsterhearts real bad.

2 or 3 novels I like: Anything by Terry Pratchett, Ringworld by Larry Niven, Star Trek: Vanguard

I love, and I mean LOVE, to read. I read all the time. This doesn't even scratch the surface of what I've read or like to read.

2 or 3 movies I like: The Muppet Movie, Galaxy Quest, Ghostbusters

As above. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Blade Runner, Princess Bride, Labyrinth, Pacific Rim, anything with The Marx Brothers, Blazing Saddles, Wizard of Oz, Return to Oz, etc.

Best place to find me on-line: Facebook or on gaming blogs.

Google+ and some game forums as well.

I will read almost anything on tabletop RPGs if it's: Science Fiction or Superheroes

Or Folklore, especially Faerie Folklore. Or Comedy/Humorous games. Or UFOs. Or Ghosts. Or something, anything, significantly different from what we've seen already.

I really do not want to hear about: Dungeons & Dragons

Boring. Same stuff again and again and again. Bleh.

Games I'm in are like (link to something):

Games I run are impossible to completely explain in a single sentence. They are usually very different from each other but all very much Adam games. This entry is kind of tricky to settle on an answer for.

Fun. They are like Fun.

If you know anything about Hunter Planet it'd help me with a project I'm working on

Or Ghosts. Or Arthurian Legend. Or Science. Or obscure Golden Age Superheroes. Or...just comment or send me a message already!

I talk about RPGs on Facebook (social media site and/or RPG forum name) under the name Adam Dickstein.

I also talk about them in person in game and comic book stores, on the phone with friends, at conventions, to my dog who is a great sounding board for ideas, to...

I often go by the name of Ralph Waldo Pickle Chips at these times.

Or not.

There. That feels better.

AD
Barking Alien



 

2 comments:

  1. Read both of your posts and the origin post you linked.

    Since when does filling out a form make things better?

    Pass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I would do it just for fun but somehow this one, I don't know, wasn't so fun to do. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete