Monday, April 1, 2013

The A-to-Z of Super Villainy

This April I am going to participate in the ever fun but not always possible to attend 'Blogging A-to-Z Challenge'.




I found this one tricky the first time I did it as it took place right after my Muppet Madness Month and my brain wasn't exactly moving forward in a fashion so linear it could follow the alphabet consistently. I did eventually manage it but it was not as easy as I would have thought.

This time I am further challenging myself by sticking to a theme (I sincerely hope) and putting up a Super Villain of my own creation each day in alphabetical order.

I intend to include an image and a write-up and I would feel kind of funny if I didn't include Superhero RPG stats at this point. Unfortunately, I can't decide what system to use.

Champions is a favorite but it takes way too long to make a character and balance all its numbers. I have to make 26 characters in 30 days and I can't imagine being able to do that in Champions under the best of circumstances let alone with my work schedule.

Mutants & Masterminds, while simpler than Champions, similarly takes a while to get the character you are making just right.

Marvel Heroic? The other end of the spectrum to some degree but defining some of my weirder comic book style villains might prove difficult. That's a lot of SFX and Limits to write up.

Marvel Super Heroes/ICONS. I kind of see these two systems are very similar to each other and they share the distinction of my disliking them both. Are they easy to write up characters for? Damn skippy! You bet your Ultimate Nullifier they are. Hmmm. This might be my best option, regardless of my personal opinions on these systems for actual campaign use.

My good friend Lord Blacksteel at the Tower of Zenopus is doing the A-to-Z Challenge as well, with a focus on Superheroes. Can his brave and valiant Superheroes thwart the evil of my dastardly Supervillains? Only time (specifically the month April) will tell.

AD
Barking Alien







3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to it! I was originally going to something similar but stat in V&V. I decided to wimp out and take the easy route and blather on about my views on AD&D and an upcoming campaign I'm planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing is that after posting this I thought about writing everyone up in V&V (I already have some of the character done up in that system as that's where I first made them).

    After working out the sheet for my first entry in ICONS I think that may have been the better approach. ^ ^;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ran across your A-to-Z blog attempt with the supervillains. I did something a couple of years ago creating V&V characters. Wasn't easy, but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete