Friday, February 8, 2013

Traveller - Foundation's Edge

My aura hurts.

I haven't  been posting because I've been spending nearly every waking hour in the last few weeks that wasn't otherwise occupied by eating, sleeping, working two jobs or playing with my dog, developing material for my upcoming Traveller campaign, due to begin tomorrow.




Then this happened...




At present I am not certain what the status of tomorrow's game will be. If too many people cancel and can't make it I will reschedule it for next month. I am not braving these blizzard conditions to meet up with just two or three players and honestly those two or three people should not do so for me. I like my friends too much to make them slip and slide through the freezing streets of New York City just to roll dice that could easily be rolled next month. I spent today walking around in the frigid air, 25 mph winds and constant snow, sleet and rain and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Funny thing is, knowing my friends, they'd do it anyway just to play our first game of Traveller in forever.

Who am I kidding. So would I. >_<;

I must say I will be disappointed if we don't get to play. Its not just the fact that I put a lot of work into this one (I put a lot of work into all my games) but rather that this one is sort of special for me.

First, it's Science Fiction, my first love and sadly the one I get to game the least. Second, it's with a large group if everyone shows (even if half show its larger than my current, regular group) and I miss GMing for big groups. Third, I haven't gotten to play with some of these guys in forever and some only once or twice. I am really looking forward to this.

Wish me luck and the North East a speedy recover from the menace of Nemo.

Hopefully, more to come...

AD
Barking Alien










2 comments:

  1. I leveled up on my birthday last week - now I'm a cleric, so >POWER< re-roll that failed Will save!

    But wait! I see this was supposed to happen over the weekend! I am too late! What happened? Who won? Who lost? Are the lights still on?

    Must know ... must know ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The follow up post is up and...It's Good!

    ReplyDelete