Monday, December 10, 2012

Into Darkness

I stand upon a gaming precipice, with the potential for a seriously epic Science Fiction RPG campaign laid out ahead of me and dark and foreboding clouds rolling in.




The coming year appears to be throwing me a curve ball in that I will get the chance to run a game at my FLGS, The Compleat Strategist, though two of my mainstay players may not be able to attend too often!

Both Dave and Marcus appear to have personal and family oriented responsibilities that could make their participation in next years' games somewhere between spotty and non-existent. Of course they are my buddies and I want them to do what they need to do (just as I would if the situation arose) but from a getting-friends-together angle it sucks.

The whole reason I accepted/offered to run something at the Strat was because people were interested and I wanted a larger group. If I have three players now and lose two, and only gain two players at the store for example, I am back where I started from.

I suppose the key factor on whether or not this is a good idea remains to be seen in just how many people confirm an interest in my 'Second Saturday at the Strat' shenanigans.

***

As usual my title bears with it a double meaning. Maybe triple considering it's also the title of the next Star Trek film. Anyway, the December Holiday Season approacheth. If you follow this blog with annual regularity you will notice that one of my personal yuletide traditions is to hope I can find a warm, snuggley, rock covered hole with which to crawl into until it all blows over.

This year I am trying something different. I am just going to ignore it and go on with my life. I am not foolish enough to tempt the fates and try to accomplish anything grand or wonderful, nor do I expect this season and the coming new year to bring me any great luck or prosperity. I will not dread it however.

I am growing as a person.

AD
Barking Alien







1 comment:

  1. Here here to growing people.

    It's a good thing, I think and I do with you much fun in your gaming, for the upcoming year.

    ReplyDelete