Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Likes and Dislikes

I was reading some threads on a 'private' web forum my old Compleat Strategist group used to use and I found this bit from March of 2009...
A friend asked:

What do you like and dislike in games?

What do I like? That's a bit vague. I like flexibility. I like creative thinking and solving unusual situations with bold, outside the box solutions. I like it when my players surprise me. I like to see people take chances.

What do I dislike? I don't like games that move slowly. I don't like PCs so overly cautious its hard to believe they took up the life of an adventurer. I don't like monsters, traps, characters or stories with one obvious, linear, unshakeble way that things can go. I don't like it when I as the GM or player are not entertained by the game.

AD
Barking Alien





2 comments:

  1. I like it when the players are in the groove with (usally me) the DM. Without anyone mentioning it.

    I dislike bean counters . They quibble over minor details. Even when I'm just giving flavor text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unknown, you should come here more often! :)

    ReplyDelete