Sunday, March 11, 2012

Losing and Gaining

This is my 470th post. I can't believe I am approaching 500 posts and at the same time, I can't believe it's taken me about 3 years or so to reach 500. I guess that means I don't post enough but sadly there is not much I can do about it. I post as often as I can.

I noticed I have 130 followers. That's two shy of my high, which was at one point, a week or two ago, 132. So I am losing my audience somehow. Possibly it's the lack of posts, possibly the subject matter I am covering (though I often get a good response with my Supers stuff) and maybe, just maybe, it's the fact that recent posts haven't had enough art. Pictures definitely help.

Be that as it may, I am gaining in real life and even in real life gaming. That is, my work schedule has really picked up and my gaming group is now consistently at 4 people showing up for a good 6-8 hours once a week with a 5th person joining on occasion.

Combine the aforementioned positives with my growing love for the new Marvel Heroic game, the next DC Adventures book from Green Ronin finally on the horizon and possibly an expanding of my Sunday activity/job working with the kids at the learning center and I'd say I have a lot of cool things to discuss, lost followers be damned!*

Anyway, I think the Marvel core book is due to drop on Tuesday. Expect a lot of ideas to flow once that happens.

Ever more,

AD
Barking Alien

*I don't actually mean 'damn my lost followers'. I get it. There could be any number of reasons they left. No hard feelings. You're all welcome back anytime. I'll leave a light on for you.








3 comments:

  1. It sounds to me like the positives outweigh the negatives for sure. I'd take a robust gaming and work life any day over more blog followers. I value my blog followers, but still. :)

    PS: I actually think pictures do help. Seriously.

    Any way, keep on chugging along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the joys of Real Life Gaming. I hooked up with a new crew recently, and we've spent the last month delving in the first level of the classic Temple Of Elemental Evil using AD&D 2e rules.

    Not only is it utterly refreshing gaming with people I haven't known for ages, but it's been fun cracking open an old rules set; in fact, 2e is the D&D version I have the least experience with, so it's bean a nifty learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @George - Totally agree. With the sentiment as well as the need for more pics. ;) Thanks for the support.

    @Justin - It is pretty refreshing to have a new crew, though I do very much miss the old gang as well. I prefer cracking open a new rules set to an old one but then that is we makes me the strange, old dog that I am.

    ReplyDelete