Sunday, December 19, 2010

Punchlines

Over the years there have been a variety of times when you and your players have delivered lines of dialog that sent soda or the occasional dark lager flying from some one's nose like a blast from Old Faithful.

Often, we (my groups and I over the years) have tried to record these quotes for prosperity but inadvertently loose the notepad they were written in or misplace the sheet, etc. Here than are a few I can remember off the top of my head. They will of course be out of context so I will try to give a brief descriptor when appropriate.

GM: "And the Hellhound spews forth a gout of hellfire!"
Player: "Wow. Must be the puppy chow."
Me (GM) and my ex-wife (Player) in a session of my D&D-for-those-who-don't-like-D&D.

"It's like Tupperware with weapons."
Me, GMing Mekton, Trying to explain Mecha to someone unfamiliar with Anime.

"Commander, maybe we should..."
First officer PC to Commander PC in a Galaxy Quest RPG right before a bad call and all hell breaking loose.

"I'm going to put you through the Moon."
My PC (Superhero) to another PC (Supervillain) in a game of Champions.

"Damn my conscience. If I could sell it for cash I would."

"If it wasn't for guys like that I don't know what kind of monsters I'd run into while I was out killing other monsters."

"I'd laugh if I wasn't afraid it would kill me."
Mercenary Ranger/Shaman PC in my D&D-for-those-who-don't-like-D&D game.

"Phone for you. Its the afterlife."
PC to an NPC in our Ghostbusters/InSpectres hack.

"Would you like a cold compress? Because...well... I don't have a cold compress so...if you'd like one it may present a problem."
NPC to a PC in my D&D-for-those-who-don't-like-D&D game.

That's all I can remember in this burst of nostalgia. More comedy stylings and gaming goodness coming soon.

AD
Barking Alien






No comments:

Post a Comment