Sunday, April 12, 2009

Putting My Latinum Where My Mouth Is

I apologize for the infrequent posting and updates to my blog but things have been really busy in the Barking Alien's real life and I've been working on some side projects to boot.

One great side project is that I'm going to be running a new Star Trek RPG Campaign Series starting next month with a group of players I've never played Star Trek with before. As a matter of fact, I've only been Gamemastering for them regularly since January of this year.

I run a 10-12 player campaign of Mutants & Masterminds on the second Saturday of every month at the Compleat Strategist in New York City. Unfortunately 12 players is my limit in that environment but you're welcome to come down and talk, watch, and mingle with the madness.

What does this mean for my Star Trek posts about Gaming the Final Frontier? Well, now I'll be making a new campaign right along side my posts about how to do it. Should be very interesting, challenging (one of the players actually doesn't like Star Trek, any Star Trek, but is willing to try since he liked my M&M game so much - Wee! Yay for me!), and tons of fun.

Stay Tuned!

AD
Barking Alien





5 comments:

  1. This is great! Are you using M&M as the systemm or LUG or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be using either LUG's ICON System or FASA, though I'm leaning towards LUG. I will make my decision by tomorrow so I can start working on the Series specifics.

    AD
    Barking Alien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adam,

    An idea... I've been listening to the D&D Podcast with the Penny Arcade, PVP, and Wil Wheaton crew ( http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pod/20080530 ) remembering all the great times I had playing D&D and I was wondering. Would you be open to recording your sessions for post at StarTrek-Games.com? Or maybe a series of Articles about the effort?

    What do you think,
    ChessMess (@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I would be super stoked about such an endeavour. I'll contact you about it via email.
    Thanks ChessMess!

    AD
    Barking Alien

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought MnM would work for ST. It's a rather pulpy system, so it would suit at least TOS-style drama.

    ReplyDelete